Friday, February 26, 2016

My first 21.1km - Om die Dam

There is only one thing essential to train for such a long run, and that is Running.

I started my training about 6 weeks before my first half-marathon. I used to run for about 5k on the treadmill without stopping.

But that first 21k I run I ran and completed in 2 hours and 40 min. And please note: I was SICK! Although the doctor advised against me running the 21k. 

I was stubborn, I NEEDED to run the 21k, all those hours of training was not going to waste on my clock.

So I went. Not my best time, but my body was only capable of what I was running.

I walked more than I actually ran, but it was an experience I would never forget. During the last 5k, I ran on reserved energy, thanks to GU.

The longest I ran before my first half marathon was about 15k, a few weeks before the actual run.

WOW! I loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Zwift or not to Zwift

Not too long ago, I logged into Strava and stumbled upon a striking comment beneath one of my recent rides: “It’s a stunning day outside. Wh...