Friday, January 27, 2017

I ♥ to run

♥I think that sometimes we only talk about the good parts of running♥as if there weren’t any bad parts.

Running sucks. It does. ♥It makes my legs and lungs hurt, and just about every other part of my body.

My body basically feels like a moving bucket of ouch.♥ I can’t breathe, I sweat in my eyes, I smell gross, and I can’t hang out with my husband because ♥I spend 99.9% of my free time running. ♥Just running♥.

Some days when I do intervals,♥ I want to cry. I want to lay on my back in the middle of the ♥road and scream at the sky because it’s been forever since my times improved and I literally in that moment, want nothing more than to improve.♥

But something♥ keeps me on my feet, and I hobble over to the water station, and when my running partner tells me to, I get my ass back on the line, and I run my heart ♥ out. But that is what running is.♥

I hate it, ♥I despise it,♥ but it’s become a part of me. No matter how much it hurts and drives me to the ends of hell and back, I would never let it go.♥ Running will never let me go. No matter how bad I am, how slow I am or even if I cheat one day and rest, it will never reject me.♥ It does not judge me. I need it♥.

When I don’t run, I feel lost and confused.♥ I feel worthless.♥ I feel not good enough.♥ It makes me cry, it makes me angry, but it makes me, me!♥ Because it is who I am.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Zwift or not to Zwift

Not too long ago, I logged into Strava and stumbled upon a striking comment beneath one of my recent rides: “It’s a stunning day outside. Wh...