Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Runner's Creed

Let me tell you something you already know.

The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows

It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

Nothing is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you are hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward...

This is my run. There are many others like it, but this one is mine!

My run is my haven. It is my life, and I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my run is nothing! Without my run, I am nothing!

I must run its roads true; I must run faster than the 
stress of the world that is working to drag me down. 

I must outrun stress before it overruns me. 

I will. I swear this creed.

My run and I are defenders of my sanity. 

We are the masters of my body.

We are the saviours of my life.

So be it. 

Until victory is mine, and nothing remains but peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Zwift or not to Zwift

Not too long ago, I logged into Strava and stumbled upon a striking comment beneath one of my recent rides: “It’s a stunning day outside. Wh...